A couple of reminders regarding the start of the 2011 tax filing season.
- 4th quarter estimated payment due January 17, 2012
- W-2′s, 1099′s are not required to be mailed until January 31, 2012.
- Tax day this year falls on Tuesday April 17, 2012 as there is a holiday in Washington D.C.
- Make sure you have all your tax documents in hand, before seeing your tax preparer.
A couple items you should be aware when filing your tax return for 2011.
- Don’t forget to repay the first time home buyer credit.
- There is a new form 8939 to report capital gains and losses.
- As in 2010 income limits no longer apply to Roth conversions.
This is just a brief overview, consult your tax advisor for additional information.